+BOARD CERTIFIED IN PERIODONTOLOGY AND DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY+
The following instructions are helpful when preparing for your upcoming surgical visit. Please do not hesitate to call if you have any last-minute questions or concerns. We can be reached at the office (941) 927-4308 during regular business hours.
· Please review all paperwork within your Black Folder, given during your initial consultation visit.
· For your convenience, have prescriptions filled prior to the surgery day.
· Inform our office of ANY change in your medical status and/or medications prior to your appointment.
· Plan to wear loose, comfortable clothing with short sleeves, or sleeves which can be rolled above the elbow.
· If your procedure involves sedation, you are not to undertake any business/employment, driving, or important decision-making for the next 24 hours following surgery.
· Prepare a large ice pack for the 1st 24 hours following surgery. Frozen vegetables (i.e. peas) in your freezer work wonders as a wrap-around ice pack.
· Food suggestions within the first 48 hours after your procedure: COLD & SOFT.
Examples: Milkshakes, Smoothies, Ice Cream, Ensure/Slim Fast, Pureed cold soups, Apple Sauce, Yogurt, Pudding, Jell-O.
· Food suggestions after the first 48 hour until your post-op visit: SOFT ONLY.
Examples: Pasta, Mashed Potatoes, Soups (can be warm), Oatmeal, Rice, Beans, Casserole, Eggs, Fish, Cooked vegetables, Meatloaf, Macaroni & Cheese.
AVOID chips, nuts, popcorn, or any sharp food item. These may get lodged in your surgical site and impede healing.
· You will be scheduled approximately two weeks following surgery for suture removal and to check on the progress of your healing.